Course number: 084379
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will familiarize yourself with the new features in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Dreamweaver released as part of Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.
Target Student: This course is intended for graphic designers, web developers, print professionals, photographers and animators who use Adobe applications as part of the job role.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended that you have prior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 4 applications through Element K courses, or any alternate source.
- Intel Pentium4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
- 40 GB RAM
- 40 GB hard disk space to install software and an additional 500 MB to run the course
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended
- A mouse or compatible tracking device
- An active Internet connection with Internet Explorer version 3.0 or later.
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution
- CD-ROM drive
- A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS5
- Adobe® Illustrator® CS5
- Adobe® InDesign® CS5
- Adobe® Flash® CS5 Professional
- Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS5
- Adobe® Reader® 8.0
- Adobe® Flash® Player
- Adobe® Flash® CS5 Media Encoder
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- familiarize yourself with the new features of Adobe CS5 applications.
- upgrade your Photoshop skills.
- create artistic Illustrator graphics.
- design documents with InDesign CS5.
- maximize productivity using Adobe Flash Professional CS5.
- develop professional websites with Dreamweaver CS5.
- Lesson 1: Getting Acquainted with CS5 New Features
- Topic 1A: Ascertain New Design Features in Adobe CS5
- Topic 1B: Examine Coding Features
- Topic 1C: Identify Features for Media Usage
- Topic 1D: Use Adobe Online Services
- Lesson 2: Upgrading Photoshop Skills
- Topic 2A: Customize the Interface
- Topic 2B: Manipulate Images
- Topic 2C: Enhance Photos
- Topic 2D: Create Enhanced 3D Objects
- Lesson 3: Creating Artistic Illustrator Graphics
- Topic 3A: Organize Artwork in an Illustrator Document
- Topic 3B: Create Complex Vector Shapes with Ease
- Topic 3C: Simplify Artwork Creation
- Topic 3D: Ensure Artwork Quality
- Topic 3E: Export Illustrator Files
- Lesson 4: Designing Documents with InDesign CS5
- Topic 4A: Ease Document Handling
- Topic 4B: Manipulate Frames Using the Enhanced Features
- Topic 4C: Lay Out Text in an InDesign Document
- Topic 4D: Create Interactive Documents
- Topic 4E: Export InDesign Documents
- Topic 4F: Use InDesign Authoring Features
- Lesson 5: Maximizing Productivity Using Adobe Flash Professional CS5
- Topic 5A: Improve Flash Workflow
- Topic 5B: Use Advanced Text Options
- Topic 5C: Write Code with Ease
- Topic 5D: Work with Objects in Flash
- Topic 5E: Output Flash Files
- Lesson 6: Developing Professional Websites with Dreamweaver CS5
- Topic 6A: Build a Website
- Topic 6B: Simplify CSS Usage
- Topic 6C: Work with Dynamic Websites
- Topic 6D: Integrate External Services with Dreamweaver